Along with the proprietary services that we have developed in house over the years, we feel that our group of employees is what truly sets us apart from other practices. Each one of us is an expert in their respective field, and brings that knowledge and experience to every project that we work on.
- Michael J. Tocco, B.S., R.Ph., M.Ed.
- Marcia Brown, B.S.
- Stephen DePietro, B.S., R.Ph.
- Benjamin Sturm, PharmD, R.Ph.
- James D. “JD” Coffey, B.S., R.Ph.
- Smita Gohil, B.S., R.Ph.
Michael J. Tocco, B.S., R.Ph., M.Ed.
Michael is the Owner and Chief Executive Officer of Integrated Pharmacy Solutions, Inc. Over the past 35 years, Michael’s experience in the health care industry has included positions such as: owner of a community pharmacy chain, executive level positions in two major pharmacy chains, consulting and program development for managed care organizations as well as state DUR boards, and consulting to pharmaceutical manufactures on disease management, operational, clinical, regulatory, and marketing issues. While at IPS, Michael has helped clients by developing: disease management programs that use patient registries, disease treatment algorithms, provider and patient education, as well as providing contract management and pharmacy data management services.
Michael uses his experience to provide innovative and practical solutions to today’s most difficult pharmaceutical care delivery problems encouraging appropriate and rational use of pharmaceuticals to reduce health system costs. Specific experience includes:
- Assessing, evaluating, redesigning and implementing pharmaceutical care management and distribution programs.
- Designing and implementing pharmacy related health system issue management strategies for managed care and public health organizations.
- Disease management initiatives and patient registries in the areas of depression, peptic ulcer disease, weight management, Hepatitis C, and HIV/AIDS.
- Testifying and speaking at various state drug utilization review boards, pharmacy and therapeutic committees, and many national managed health care conferences speaking on contemporary pharmacy and health care issues.
- Through his experiences Michael has a tight grasp on the integration of pharmacy between practice settings enabling him to design seamless pharmaceutical care.
Michael graduated from the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Sciences with a Bachelor of Science degree, and has completed a Master’s in Education and Management Studies at Cambridge College. Michael has also completed course work toward an MBA at Suffolk University. He is a member of national and state pharmacy associations as well as political organizations. Michael has served on the leadership of the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy since 1997. Michael has published a number of articles related to pharmaceutical care and has spoken at a number of national health care conferences (NMHCC, AMCP, ASCP, ASHP). Michael also has served on the editorial boards for Nursing Home Economics and Disease State Management Magazines. He served on the Board for 4 years and is a Past President of the Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy, committee member AMCP’s Pharmacy Pricing Advisory Task Force, and Chair of the Academy of Managed Care’s National Task Force on Quality, and Chaired the Task Force on Community Pharmacy Outreach.
Marcia Brown, B.S.
Ms. Brown has over 25 years’ experience in Customer Service. She is currently the Director of Operations with responsibilities of overseeing the regulatory affairs and government consulting and project manages client programs to ensure budgets, deadlines and objectives are met. Her previous work experiences include the medical equipment manufacturing and distribution field as well as retail and call center experience in the financial industry. She has managed the sales, operational excellence, internal communications, new initiative training program development and implementation, and regulatory and audit compliance functions during her career.
Marcia uses her extensive knowledge, management and teaching experience to provide customers with a high level of quality interaction resulting in achievement of all objectives. Marcia graduated from the University of New Hampshire with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration. She is a Notary Public, International Standard Operation (ISO) Certified and has her Real Estate License. She has been very active in local community groups, an avid golfer and serves on the Board of Directors at Meadow Brook Golf Club.
Stephen DePietro, B.S., R.Ph.
Mr. DePietro has over 30 years of experience in the health care industry including: designing and managing data analysis tools for managed care and consultant pharmacy organizations; owning and operating a community pharmacy; tracking and evaluating new technologies in pharmacy practice; developing and performing regulatory audits; and training pharmacists as successful adjunct faculty. He currently provides database development, data analysis and pharmacy practice expertise to managed care, corrections and other pharmacy organizations.
As a member of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Pharmacy, Mr. DePietro used his experience to help develop innovative solutions to the complex regulatory issues that arise in this rapidly changing health care environment. His goal is to help pharmacists develop skills that will enable them to be successful in integrating pharmaceutical care into their practice.
Specific health care consulting interest and experience includes:
- Developing data collection and analysis tools for appropriate use programs and medication monitoring systems.
- Creating software systems to evaluate and prioritize patients based on pre-determined criteria.
- Developing an expertise in integrating data from various systems so that it may be analyzed, reviewed and evaluated.
- Performing regulatory audits for adherence to state and federal regulations.
Mr. DePietro graduated from the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Sciences with a Bachelor of Science degree in pharmacy. He was a member of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Pharmacy and is currently a member of the National Council for Prescription Drug Programs.
Benjamin Sturm, PharmD, R.Ph.
Ben Sturm is an Operations Supervisor with Integrated Pharmacy Solutions. He is responsible for the management, compliance, staffing support, and general oversight of college student health center, retail, sub-acute care inpatient hospital, substance abuse/mental health inpatient hospital, and community health center pharmacies in the New England region. Ben earned his Doctorate of Pharmacy from the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences and currently holds active pharmacist licenses in both Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
Specific areas of experience include:
- Optimization of pharmacy-specific services including purchasing and inventory management through process implementation and staff management across various pharmacy settings
- Operational management and compliance reporting experience with regard to the 340B Drug Pricing Program
- In-depth understanding of state-specific pharmacy regulations for licensure, accreditation, and compliance
- Staffing and personnel management; including training of pharmacists, technicians, and interns
James D. “JD” Coffey, B.S., R.Ph.
Mr. Coffey has over 20 years’ experience in the health care industry specializing in a wide array of pharmacy practices. His multi-disciplinary healthcare industry background encompasses ambulatory care, hospital, investigative, auditing and regulatory and policy development and operational management. He formerly served in capacity as the Director of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Pharmacy.
He has acquired extensive pharmaceutical, health care delivery and regulatory affairs knowledge over the course of his study and work with state, local and national pharmacy related regulatory authorities and professional organizations. JD graduated from Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Sciences with a Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy.
Smita Gohil, B.S., R.Ph.
Smita Gohil is the Pharmacy Manager of Walden Behavioral Care Pharmacy. Smita’s experience includes many years in retail pharmacy for several large retail pharmacy chains. She has participated in experimental rotations at Beth Israel Medical Center and Newton Wellesley Hospital. She has worked for an independent pharmacy and also took part in a clinical externship in United Kingdom.
Smita’s experience includes:
- Managing a pharmacy in a sub-acute care facility that specializes in eating disorders and psychiatric care.
- Performing DUR and consulting with physicians and nurses.
- Managing a high volume of prescriptions, maintaining accurate inventory and records.
- Adapting to varying pharmacies and managing diverse teams to deliver peak performance.
- Training of pharmacy technicians and pharmacy interns.
Smita has a BS in Pharmacy from the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Sciences and a Post Graduate Diploma in Pharmacy from the University of Brighton, U.K.